Currently we are running a day care service 5 days a week, from Tuesday to Saturday inclusive, for older people location our purpose built Ard Churam Day Care Centre in Greenvile Listowel.
On Mondays, we also run a service for those with Post Stroke, Parkinsons and Neurological conditions.
In our newly built adjoining Fuchsia Centre, we run a Dementia Day Care Service on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, each week.
Ard Chúram Day Care Centre and Fuchsia Centre
What We Do
- We employ nursing staff and day care assistants. Our service is supported by HSE, Sean Meitheal Limited Community Employment Scheme, Tús, Home Help Service and Volunteers.
- People who use our service may be also able to avail of transport through Kerry Community Transport (subject to availability).
- Older people will receive a welcome tea and scone on arrival and a three course lunch later in the day. A full range of creative, physical and recreational activities are provided in the centre.
- Additional services such as chiropody, hairdressing and massage therapies are provided for on a rotational basis.
- Monday’s neurological services offer a mix of group physical activity, physiotherapy led exercises (which are stroke adapted) and mental stimulation.
- In our Fuchsia Centre for Dementia Day Care, activities include the Sonas Program Tovertafel (magic table), gardening, art, reminiscing, music sessions and many more.
Referrals may be made to:
Nurse Co-Ordinator Louise Harnett,
Ard Chúram Day Care Centre,
Open Hours: 9.30am to 4.00pm Monday to Saturday