Activities for older people are vital for positive mental and physical health. A full range of creative, physical and recreational activities are provided in the centre.
Some of the many Activities
At the centre include
- Arts and crafts such as Painting – Ceramics – Woodwork – Card Making – Flower Arranging – Gardening – Knitting.
- Musical entertainment, sing-alongs
- Mental stimulation games which include Bingo – Quizzes – Puzzles.
- Stretching and gentle sitting exercises.
- Discussion groups covering many diverse topics.
- Information talks such as fire safety – safety in the home – Nutrition etc.
- Holiday and birthday celebrations.
- Ocassional outings.
In an effort to maintain the high standard of care, staff and volunteers continuously undergo training which equips them to meet the care needs of older people. This helps promote an understanding of ageing which benefits clients, their families and carers.
Referrals may be made to:
Nurse Co-Ordinator Louise Harnett,
Ard Chúram Day Care Centre,
Open Hours: 9.30am to 4.00pm Monday to Saturday